Tuesday 24 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Twenty-Four - Inspired by a Book

My nails for day Twenty-Four of the challenge are inspired by the book, Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Since I have been hooked on to the TV series for the last few years and its coming to an end this week, this manicure seemed appropriate for this part of the challenge!

Dexter Nails


For this manicure, I used Sally Hansen Wet Cement for the grey and Barry M Black. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri Rapid Red and the image plate Konad M21 for the "Blood Spatter". I sponged a gradient on the black nails with Maybelline Deep Red.

In other non-challenge related news, I had the privilege of attending the Olympia Beauty Show in London on Sunday, the 22nd of Sept, 2013. I also had the pleasure of meeting up with three wonderful ladies, Lucie of  Lucy's Stash, Vic of Glowstars and Dimpal of Crazy Polishes. Please see the photo reports of the day posted by Lucie and Vic. This was my first experience of the Beauty Show so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was definitely a sort of nail polish wonderland with row upon row of different brands of nail polish, among lots of other beauty products. Lesson learnt for the next show - save up before the show to splurge in the next one!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, especially the gradient nails. Would you say the books are worth reading for someone who has only seen the tv show? I've heard they are different enough to still be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love Dexter and so your nails (:

    ReplyDelete