Wednesday 18 September 2013

Liebster Award Nomination!

Four lovely people have nominated me for the Liebster award -
A Shi...pload Of Polish!
Bathelen's Nails
Neon Sparkly Nails
penny pinching polish
It is really encouraging to be appreciated. Thank you so  much!



Listed here are eleven Qs that seem to be common from all the people who have nominated me -
1.   What/who inspired you to blog?
My friends and sisters have been telling me I should share/expand on my hobbies because they like what I do. But this particular blog was started because of my husband's support and encouragement.

2.   What is your favourite brand, finish and colour of polish?
I like so many - OPI, Color Club, China Glaze to name a few but I seem to use a lot of Sally Hansen and Barry M. I would have to go with Barry M because they come out with great colours and its affordable and widely available where I live.
I like a creme/glossy finish - but I also like glitter. And I seem to pick up purple polishes a lot!

3.   What is your favourite type of nail art and how long have you been doing it?
My favourite type of nail is stamping - its quick and easy once you get the hang of it and you can get amazing results with it. I have been in to nail art since Aug/Sep 2012.

4.   What is your hand care routine and what are your 3 favourite hand care items?
I have always worn gloves when washing up or gardening and moisturise my hands every time I wash them - but after I started taking such close pictures of my fingers/nails, I have realised I need to step this up! I'm still looking for a good routine and good products. So not many favourite hand care products yet really - I am very eager to hear about everyone else's! My one firm favourite though would be OPI Nail Envy - it has really helped strengthen my nails. And I am also looking to get the Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream since I have read rave reviews about it.

5.   Do you have other hobbies other than painting your nails?
I like to cook. I love to bake. I also like to make bead jewellery and knit from time to time.

6.   What is your favourite polish and favourite beauty product?
I don't have one favourite polish though I do love my base and top coats, if that counts - OPI Nail Envy and Seche Vite/Sally Hansen Insta Dri Top Coat.
Favourite beauty product would have to be my BB Cream!

7.   How do you take photos for your blog?
I like to photograph outside in natural light - but I just bought 2 photographic lamps to take pictures at night or dark winter days and have realised that the light from the lamps can actually produce more true to life nail polish colours.

8.   What is the biggest challenges you've faced with your blog?
Taking good photographs has been my biggest challenge so far! I'm still experimenting and learning.

9.   What technique that you have not yet tried yet would you like to master?
I have tried quite a few techniques with this 31 Day Challenge that I had not tried earlier - but I would love to master free hand nail art!

10. What's your go-to mani when you're pushed for time?
Depends on how much time I have but it could be just plain painted nails - with maybe a stamped accent nail and maybe a rhinestone or two!

11. What mani are you most proud of, and why?
I like a few that I have done but I think my favourite is still to come! I do like this glitter and this cherry blossom one though.

Other questions I was asked:
A Shi...pload Of Polish!
If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
I like where I live but I wouldn’t mind moving to a warmer place for the winter!

When was your last act of kindness and what was it?
Emergency babysitting for a friend couple of weeks ago is the first one that comes to my mind.

Is there anyone you would really like to meet (celeb, polish maker, etc), and why?
Can’t think of a celeb right away – but in the “nail world” - anyone who can help me make some of my own image plates!

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Hopefully doing something that I love.

What superpower would you most like to have?
Time travel!

What is your comfort food?
Crisps and chocolate!

Favourite & least favourite colour?
I like most colours, specially jewel tones – not a huge fan of yellow, though I like some shades of that even, sometimes.

Bathelen's Nails
If you had to choose one beauty brand to use for the rest of your life what would it be?
That’s a tough one! Clinique, maybe.

What beauty product could you not live without?
Can I pick two, please?! My BB cream and my eyeliner.

What is your favourite weather?
Autumn

Nail art or One pretty colour?
One pretty colour sometimes but mostly nail art.

Meat or Veggie?
Meat Eater

What is your Best Beauty Tip?
Moisturise every day.

Neon Sparkly Nails
Do you have a favourite singer/band?
It varies all the time.

Do you have any pets?
No

Favourite food?
Too many to choose from! But if I had to pick one, then curry!

What is your most wanted polish?
I’d like to add some more holographic ones to my collection.

What nail art trend do you hate?
I’m not a big fan of the crackle nail paints, if those count as nail art.

penny pinching polish
What's your earliest polish memory/the thing that got you really hooked on nails?
My aunt would paint my nails when I was quite young, when she did hers. It made me feel very pretty and grown up – maybe that’s what started it.

If there were no limits, what shape and length would you like your nails to be?
I like the mid length nails I have.

I would like to nominate these blogs:

Please answer these Qs and nominate 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers!

1.   What/who inspired you to blog?
2.   What is your favourite brand, finish and colour of polish?
3.   What is your favourite type of nail art and how long have you been doing it?
4.   What is your hand care routine and what are your 3 favourite hand care items?
5.   Do you have other hobbies other than painting your nails?
6.   What is your favourite polish and favourite beauty product?
7.   How do you take photos for your blog?
8.   What is the biggest challenges you've faced with your blog?
9.   What technique that you have not yet tried yet would you like to master?
10. What's your go-to mani when you're pushed for time?
11. What mani are you most proud of, and why?

Well done and good luck with your blogging journey!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me!! I think your cherry blossoms are my favorite, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!
    Thanks for the nomination <3
    I'll put my answers up on my blog in a few days :) I'll have to do some research for bloggers with less than 200 followers. I bet there are plenty of good ones out there like yourself =D
    Chanfie

    ReplyDelete