Sunday 1 September 2013

Two Tone on Tone Manicures

Two tone on tone manicures in this post, where the base and the stamping polish are in the same colour family. The first one is green on green.

For this manicure, I used:
Base Polish: Boots No 7 Totally Teal
Stamping Polish: Sally Hansen Color Quick Green Chrome
Image Plate: Pueen 33
I used the Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Top Coat for the matte effect.
I have already tried so many new things since I started this blog and a matte effect is one of them. I bought this matte top coat sometime ago but never used it. I really like how it looks on dark colours and I see myself using it in the future.
A quick note about the Boots No 7 Totally Teal - I liked the colour but it does stain so be sure to wear a couple of layers of a good base coat, if you try it.

The next manicure is purple.

For this look, I used:
Base and Stamping Polish: Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lively Lilac and Barry M Gelly Plum
Image Plate: Pueen27

I painted the entire nail lilac and then did a sponge gradient with the lilac and the Plum. I love gradient nails but I obviously need more practice with doing one since I have smudged it a little.
I then stamped with both the colours. I painted both the lilac and the plum on one half of the image and then stamped the result on the opposite colour on the nail.

Hope you liked looking at these manicures as much as I enjoyed doing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment