Friday 20 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Twenty - Water Marble



For these nails, I used Sally Hansen White Tip and Rimmel Pro My Denim. I added the hex glitter to some of the nails. There are many good tutorials on the internet on how to water marble nails.

Although, I have to say that in spite of the tutorials I watched for this - and some of them are really good, I had a hard time with the water marble. After many attempts I did manage to learn how to place my nails at such an angle in the water that I get some sort of a pattern on them - and believe me, that's harder than it looks! But I also noticed that some of the nail polishes disperse very differently than others in the water. The glittery/frosty ones don't seem to do very well but even the regular creme/glossy ones don't all behave the same. I did use filtered water so I don't know what the difference was. I would appreciate any tips from anyone out there who's good at water marble. Though it will be a while before I try this technique again!

But the good news is, we are two-thirds of the way through the challenge. On to the next one!

1 comment: