Friday 27 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Twenty-Seven - Inspired by Artwork

My manicure today was inspired by this beautiful painting by Vincent Van Gogh - Starry Night Over the Rhone.



For the three nails with the rhinestones, I used OPI Sea You In Hollywood. On the accent nails, I used horizontal brush strokes to paint with Barry M Blackberry, Cyan Blue, before adding the other details with NYC Lexington Yellow and Konad Yellow. I think this was definitely the hardest bit of the challenge. If I do this challenge again, I definitely need to visit some art galleries for inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. i've always loved that painting and i think you did an awesome job with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful (: Great job! x(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments! I was very apprehensive about how this manicure was going to come out!!

    ReplyDelete