Thursday 12 September 2013

31DC2013: Day Twelve - Stripes


This manicure is easy to do and I was surprised at how good it looked - it came out better than I  expected! The stripes look a little uneven in this extreme close-up but it wasn't noticeable in real life. This was done freehand. I first painted my nails with Barry M Cyan Blue and then drew on the stripes with the Barry M nail art pens in black and silver. In the end, added the rhinestones and finished it off with topcoat. 



I have always loved nail art but never really tried to do much earlier because I thought it might be too difficult. That is until I discovered nail art stamping. I still love stamping - you can get amazing nails with that but with this challenge, I have tried so many other nail art techniques, including free hand. And I have realised that some of them are not that hard and don't need a lot of special equipment. Its just a matter of starting somewhere! And something like some stripes or dots or some rhinestones can really make your nails look fabulous and make a nice change from plain painted nails. If you have never tried nail art and don't really have many tools for it, then something like this might just be the one to start off with! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the color combo and that little heart shape in your pinky is so cute :D Great mani (:

    ReplyDelete